Rules and Constitution
1. That the Association be called ‘The Frome and District Angling Association’ the members of which shall be season ticket-holders.
2. That the Association be managed by a Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Match Secretary and a Committee of 12 members, plus one affiliation representative. Six to form a quorum; a tie to be decided by the casting vote of the Chairman. The Officers to be elected annually.
3. Annual subscriptions are due on the 1st April. Visitors fee £6/day for the River Frome and £8/day for The Lighthouse. The River Mells will be members only from April 2020.
4. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held in February, and a further General Meeting may be called as necessary. The Committee will meet quarterly after the AGM on the second Monday of May, August and November. Special meetings may be called when required.
5. That the Treasurer shall keep the Cash Accounts of the Association, with such Bankers as the trustees shall appoint, which Trustees shall consist of the President and Treasurer, such monies to be invested in the name of Frome and District Angling Association, but they should not be empowered to withdraw any portion of monies before and until sanctioned of the Committee be first obtained.
6. That the Committee shall have the power to suspend or add to any of these Rules until the same be confirmed at the AGM.
7. No alterations of these Rules shall be made except at the AGM, and then only on 14 days’ previous notice in writing, signed by six members, of the proposed alterations being given to the Secretary
8. That the closing date for nominations of Officers should be no later than the Committee Meeting prior to the AGM.
9. Any Officer or Committee member absent from three consecutive meetings nights may have their name erased from the Official List.
10. From 1st June 1981, new members residing outside a radius of 7 miles of the headquarters shall enjoy the privileges of the Association but will not be permitted to have voting rights nor to hold office in the Association unless approved by the Committee.
11. That the Committee have the power to close any water without previous notice, if deemed necessary, especially in respect of a Notifiable Disease outbreak.
12. Any person fishing shall, upon request, produce their Ticket to the Club Bailiff, or to any Member of the Association.
13. That the hours of fishing be restricted to daylight hours only. No night fishing is permitted on any of our waters.
14. Members shall not be accompanied by a dog when fishing, and shall do no damage to gates, hedges, fences, banks, weirs, crops, or disturb of interfere with any livestock, and there shall be no fishing from or access through fields laid up for hay.
15. That no Member of this Association be allowed to carry firearms whilst fishing on Association Waters.
16. Litter shall not be deposited on the fields, banks or in the water.
17. All gates to be securely fastened after being opened.
18. No cars will be allowed in the fields. Parked vehicles to be kept clear of gates and access ways.
19. No fish are to be taken or killed from any Association water, at any time, without the prior permission of the Committee.
20. The Committee shall have the full power to deal with all cases of non-observance of all or any of these rules and may, for such or any cause, suspend or expel a Member from the Association, and may reject application for membership if they see fit.
21. Digging of the banks, removal of woody material, or construction of platforms or angling stations shall not be permitted without the prior permission of the Committee.
22. Minor swim clearing activities and cutting back of vegetation to gain access to fishing swims is permitted without prior permission of the Committee but any extensive vegetation clearance such as the removal of whole trees, large limbs or scrub clearance, must be approved by the Committee.
23. Any person fishing Association Waters must be in the possession of a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence which must be made available for inspection, upon request from a Club Bailiff.
24. Any person fishing the Association Waters shall not use any instrument, other than rod and line, to catch fish or crayfish, without prior permission of the Committee, and the associated authorisation from the Environment Agency.
25. Local and National Bylaws must be complied with by any person fishing Association Waters.
26. Fishery Rules and the Lighthouse Lake must be complied with at all times.
27. The Association’s Code of Conduct must be complied with at all times.
28. Frome the 1st March 2018, the River Mells and Nunney Brook will be catch and release fly fishing waters only.
29. Fish are not to be removed, transferred or introduced to, or from, any Association Water without the permission of the Committee.
30. Barbeques or fires are not permitted on any Association Water.
31. Access to Association Waters is only permitted for the purposes of fishing or fishing related activities. Access is not permitted for any other activity without permission from the Committee.
32. All persons fishing Association Waters should adopt good bio-security practice and follow the ‘Check, Clean, Dry’ principle.
33. Any Person caught fishing any Association Water without a valid annual subscription or visitors ticket can be charged, by a Club Officer, an additional £2.00 fee on top of the standard visitor fee, should they wish to continue fishing.
34. Juniors under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult when fishing Association Waters.