About Us

About Frome and District Angling Association

Frome Angling will be 100 years old in 2031, at it’s peak membership was 800+ and River Frome matches regularly attracted 120 anglers. In those abundant times the club invested wisely purchasing the fishing rights for miles of the River Frome.

Today’s membership is attracted by fly fishing for prolific Mells Stream trout plus the chance of a monster from the upper Frome. There’s fine mixed summer fishing for tench, silver fish and carp at The Lighthouse and the excellent coarse fishing on the River Frome for fat chub, perch and pike backed up by stocks of roach and dace.

Club history

  • 8th of October 1931
    Frome and District Angling Association was founded in October 8th 1931. The first meeting was held at the Lamb Inn which is now The Cornerhouse, Frome.
  • 1981
    Club Golden Jubilee 1981

The Committee

Roger Lee

Roger Lee

Matt Pang

Matt Pang

Martin Blain

Martin Blain

fromeanglers@outlook.com
01761 233026
Gary Collinson

Gary Collinson

01373 471437
gary@frometownfc.co.uk

Address

Leach Ham House, Ham Hill, Coleford, Radstock. BA3 5QD

Phone

01761 233026

Email

fromeanglers@outlook.com

Join us on facebook icon

Get in touch

If you’d like to learn more about our club, membership or anything else, please get in touch.