Avalon Fishery Moors Lake. Westhay.
There’s three lakes at Avalon, our discount is for Moors Lake.
Members must book via the Clubmate Fishing app or online at www.fadaa.uk . When the bailiff turns up to take payments for day tickets you must show your booking confirmation or you’ll be charged the full on the bank rate.
There’s usually pegs available for pleasure fishing even when matches are being fished, if you’re concerned it may be busy check the match calendar https://www.avalonfisheries.co.uk/calendar/ or call the fishery on 07977 219978
Fishery website; https://www.avalonfisheries.co.uk/moors/
What3words map reference; https://w3w.co/passing.friends.executive
Shapwick Road, Westhay, Somerset BA6 9TT
Moors Lake is a match and pleasure fishing lake. It has 48 permanent pegs on comfortable platforms and runs to 5 acres in size.
The lake has steeply shelving near and far margins. Depths are typically around 6′ and the bottom is generally flat.
CARP to 20lbs
Bomb or Cage Feeder with pellet is a very productive method for the carp all year round.
During the warmer months, pellet waggler fished to the island works well and can also produce Chub to over 3lb.
Pole-fished pellets, paste, or corn can produce big bags of Carp, Bream, and Tench.
Float fished Maggots, Casters, Worm, Corn or Pellet is a great choice for big bags of quality Bream, Skimmers, Roach, Hybrids, Chub, Perch, and Tench.
- Lay out nets to dry until 5 minutes before start of match.
- Max 70Ib Carp 50Ib Silvers per net
- Do not Leave Rods Unattended (Maximum 2 Rods)
- Fish from platforms only
- Barbless hooks only, Maximum size 10.
- No Braided Reel line
- All leads and feeders must be free running. (Min 12 inch hook length 300mm) NO METHOD FEEDERS
- Feed Pellets – Carp or Coarse feed pellets only.
- No cat or dog meat, Nuts, Beans and Peas
- No Surface baits
- Luncheon meat — Max 2 x 400g Tins.
- Groundbait — Max 2kg.
- Lighting of fires prohibited